bunny butt cookies
Bunny Butt Cookies
Prep Time: 15 min
Cook Time: 10 min
Total Time: 25 min
For the white chocolate raspberry sugar cookies:
- 1 6.35-oz Tony Chocolonely White Chocolate Raspberry
- 3/4 cup Butter, cold
- 2 large Eggs, cold
- 1/2 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 3 1/4 cup All Purpose Flour
- 2 tsp. Baking Powder
- 3/4 cup Granulated Cane Sugar
- 1 tbsp. Milk, cold
- 2 cups Powdered Sugar
- 2 tbsp. Milk
- Pink food coloring
- (Optional) Sprinkles, for the bunny "tail"
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix the flour and baking powder together.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat the cold butter for only 1 minute, until creamy.
- Add in the cold eggs one-at-a-time until incorporated. (Be careful not to overbeat / warm up the cookie batter, or you will need to refrigerate the dough prior to baking.)
- Mix in the sugar, milk, and vanilla.
- Add in the flour mixture to beat until all ingredients are evenly incorporated.
- Reserve 1/3rd of the dough for the "feet," chilling in the fridge until ready to bake.
- On a lightly floured (and preferably cold) surface, roll out the dough to 1/4" thickness. Cut out 2 1/2 - 3" circles using a large glass or cookie cutter. Place on the prepared baking pans. Repeat until all dough has been used.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until just set, rotating the baking pan at 5 minutes. Cool on the pan for at least 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- With the reserved dough, roll out mini circles or ovals about 1" big. Place on the baking pans. Bake for 5-7 minutes, or until set.
- To make the frosting, stir together the powdered sugar and milk until smooth. Add 1/4 of the frosting to a separate bowl and mix in the pink food coloring.
- First frost all cookies with the white icing. Allow the "feet" to set for 5 minutes before adding details with the pink icing.
- Use more icing to attach two feet to one side of each large cookie, then add a large dollop for the bunny "tail" in the center of the large cookie.
- Optional: Add white sprinkles to the tails. Enjoy!