tony’s thumbprint cookies
Tony's Thumbprint Cookies
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 10 min
Total Time: 20 min
- 1 6.35-oz Tony Chocolonely Milk Chocolate Gingerbread Bar, broken into medium-sized chunks
- 3/4 cup Olive Oil
- 1/3 cup Granulated Cane Sugar + more for rolling
- 1/3 cup Brown Sugar, packed
- 2 large Eggs
- 1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 2 1/3 cup All Purpose Flour
- 1/4 tsp. Salt
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a baking pan with parchement paper. Fill a small, shallow bowl with additional granulated cane sugar for rolling cookies in.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, whisk the flour and salt.
- Create a well in the center of the bowl (or in a separate bowl) to whisk together the brown sugar, cane sugar, vanilla, eggs, and olive oil until creamy.
- Using the paddle attachment, mix until well-combined and a soft cookie dough is formed. (If the dough seems too dry, add 1-2 tbsp. water. If the dough seems too wet, add 1-2 tbsp. more flour.)
- Scoop 1-2 tbsp. dough per cookie, roll into a ball, then roll balls in the extra granulated cane sugar bowl and place on the prepared baking pan.
- Press a chunk of chocolate into the top of each cookie.
- Bake for 10-14 minutes, or until set and lightly golden brown on the edges. Let cool at least 10 minutes on the baking pan. Enjoy!