Figures, net profit and fun facts from the choco workplace; keep those numbers coming!
• Net profit: + 6.0% (after tax for 2016/2017 compared to 4.9% for the previous year)
• Revenue: 44.9 million euros (for the year 2016/2017). This is a growth of 53% when compared to the same period the year before! Revenue and profit were mainly achieved in the Netherlands.
Tony's bars have been going international: they've been in Belgium for a while, hit the shelves in Portland (US) in September 2015 and made it over to Sweden in 2016.
Market share 2017
• Our market share was 16.7% in 2017 (up until October). This means Tony's has captured 16.7% of the total revenue of all chocolate bars in Dutch supermarkets. Our market share over the same period last year was 12.4%. This means a growth of 35%! Whoop whoop, high five!
Did you know...
• ..we worked with 4,318 West African farmers this past year.
• ..we will be working with these farmers for at least 5 years.
• ..we have been and will continue to work with six partner cooperatives:
− ABOCFA (Ghana)
− Suhum Union (Ghana)
− Kapatchiva (Ivory Coast)
− Ecojad (Ivory Coast)
− ECAM (Ivory Coast)
− SOCOOPACDI (Ivory Coast)
Guess how many bars have been sold?
• This year more choco friends than ever enjoyed our bars. In the past year we sold exactly 28,756,133 bars (both small & big Tony's). More than 28 million chocolate bars.. wow!
About Team Tony’s..
• This year our team included 63 Tony’s, so click heeerrrre to check them out
• We have 2 offices: 1 in Amsterdam and 1 in Portland (USA)
• 58 Tony’s sit, stand and answer the phone in Amsterdam, while 4 are doing that in Portland (hi Peter, Meredith, Nicolay & Dena!) and 1 does so in New York (hey Melissa!).
• We introduced a new organizational structure in Tony's on 1 April 2017: we now have Choco Chiefs & Heads.This way we can distribute the workload better, make sure decisions are made by people who know what they’re talking about and keep focusing on the many challenges ahead. Right on!
• Tony's Choco Chiefs: Chief Chocolate Officer Henk Jan Beltman, Beancounter Freek Wessels and Choco Co-Captain Anne-Wil Dijkstra.
• Tony’s Heads: Frits ‘Choconator’ Snel: Head of Sales, Chocoloco Pascal van Ham: Head of Marketing, Bean to Bartender Frans Pannekoek: Head of Operations, Impactus Prime Paul Schoenmakers: Head of Impact, Choco Evangelist Ynzo van Zanten: Head of People & Culture and Beancounter Freek Wessels is both Choco Chief and Head of Finance.