Your browser seems to be quite old. Please consider updating your browser to use this site.
crazy about choco cupcakes
for the cupcakes:
100g plain flour1.5 tsp baking powder20g cocoa powder140g sugar40g butter120g milk1 large egg
for the chocolate meringue buttercream:
75g egg white150g caster sugar150g butter1/2 Bar Tony's Dark chocolate
Tony's Dark Almond Sea SaltPopcornTony's egg-stra special chocolate eggsEdible Flowers
method for the cupcakes:
1. Preheat your oven to 170°C
2. In a stand mixer bowl, place the flour, baking powder, cocoa powder and sugar and mix with a beater attachment until fully combined
3. Next, add the butter and mix until a crumb-like consistency is formed
4. Combine the milk and egg in a separate bowl and whisk together
- Pour in half of the milk and egg into the dry ingredients and mix through until a thick paste has formed
5. Pour in the remaining milk and egg and mix until fully incorporated and a smooth batter has formed
6. Scoop the batter evenly into 12 cupcake liners
7. Bake for 15-18 minutes until the cupcakes spring back to the touch
8. Leave to cool completely
method for the buttercream: See Georgia's drip cake recipe for chocolate swiss meringue buttercream
method for the popcorn:
1. Gently melt one bar of Tony's dark almond sea salt in a heatproof bowl
2. Add one bag (approx 80g) of ready popped popcorn and mix until the popcorn is fully covered with chocolate
3. Pour onto a piece of baking paper and spread out evenly
4. Leave to set completely (you can put this in the fridge to speed it up!)
5. Once set, break apart and decorate your cupcakes!
method for the chocolate shards:
2. Pour onto a sheet of baking paper and spread it out thinly
3. Leave to set until the chocolate has just clouded over (not fully set hard)
4. With a knife, cut into the chocolate and draw lines through the chocolate to create some shard shapes
5. Leave to set completely (you can put this in the fridge to speed it up!)
6. Break the shards apart and decorate your cupcakes!
To decorate the cupcakes with buttercream, I used a grass tip piping nozzle and topped the cupcakes off with edible flowers and a touch of edible gold dust.
Best kept in an airtight container in a cool place or in the fridge. The cupcakes are fresh for 2-3 days.
Ordering chocolate for the first time? Create an account with us.
Something went really wrong. We will try to fix this as soon as possible!
je hebt een limited in je mandje zitten, daar kun je geen normaal product bij doen.
zullen we de inhoud van je tassie vervangen voor de limiteds?
just add your personal message and name